Course length: 8 hours
Class minimum/maximum: 10/25
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program: elective course
EOCP CEU’s: n/a
Price: $2,300 per class.
Course description: Today’s safety leaders must hold themselves to important standards: Their Empowerment of Others, Their Service and Their Relationships.
The 1-Day SONAR Safety Leadership training program is designed to provide today’s safety leaders with the capacity, skills and tools to listen and respond to their workplace, as well as how to communicate effectively and successfully with everybody in it.
The SONAR Safety Leadership workshops train safety supervisors, managers and leaders to listen to what is going on in their workplace.
The workshop will show them how to be the human equivalent of SONAR.
By understanding what is really going on beneath the surface of their workplace, those supervisors, managers and leaders can develop relationships with their employees, by listening to their needs, understanding their values and recognizing their motivations – always with a view to increasing safety at every turn.
In order for safety leaders to be effective, they must be fully engaged with their own ability to grow, learn and build people, all of which are characteristics associated with effective leadership.
SONAR Safety Leadership participants will learn:
- The 4 Elements of Essential Leadership Practice
- How to Develop a Leader’s Mindset
- How to Engage with Others
- How to Achieve Results Through Others
- The Power of Empathy
- The Importance of Personal Validation
- The Importance of Being a Generous Leader
- Why Today’s Leaders Also Need to Be a Coach • How to Use the JOHARI Window to Understand People
and much, much more.
SONAR Safety Leadership participants will also receive:
- A digital copy of the SONAR Safety Leadership workbook
- Exclusive access to the 13–Week follow up video series BOLD Leadership at Work