Course length: 8 hours
Class minimum/maximum: 6/20
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program: elective course
EOCP CEU’s: n/a
Price: $150 per person for up to 12 ($1800 minimum charge per class); $75 per person from 13+.
Post session: Certificate of Attendance
Course description: Members of Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees, or worker health and safety representatives, must receive eight hours of training in specific topics, within the first six months of taking on their new role.
JOHSC Fundamentals has been designed by WorkSafeBC and amended by the BC Municipal Safety Association to meet the needs and specific responsibilities within the municipal sector. Participation in this one day training program will fulfil the requirements under OHS Regulation 3.27 as amended April 3, 2017.
Course objectives: At the completion of this full day course, participants will be able to:
- Define the duties and functions of a joint committee;
- Discuss and create rules of procedure of the joint committee;
- Explain the requirements regarding incident investigations;
- Explain the requirements regarding worksite inspections;
- Identify requirements and procedures regarding refusal of unsafe work
- Complete an annual evaluation of joint committees