Course length: 4 hours
Class minimum/maximum: 6/20
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program: elective course
EOCP CEU’s: n/a
Price: $75 per person for up to 15 (minimum 6); $37.50 per person from 16+. Minimum $600 charge per class.
Course description: The work performed by public works staff could expose them to a variety of hazards. Exposure to some toxic substances could be life-threatening. All workers must be aware of the potential hazards, and understand and follow the controls necessary to prevent exposure.
After completion of this half-day course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the health hazards and routes of entry associated with exposure to asbestos, lead, mould and silica
- Complete a field-level risk assessment for exposure to these hazards
- Understand the Hierarchy of Controls to be followed to determine the most effective method of preventing exposure
- Identify appropriate procedures and personal protective equipment to prevent exposure
- Understand the precautions that must be taken when cleaning up and disposing of materials containing asbestos, lead, mould and/or silica